Last Updated on March 2022
This Website is not intended to sell or ship products to customers outside of the United States. If you wish to do so, please visit one of our authorized resellers.
I. Information We Collect
There are three general categories of information we collect: information you voluntarily provide, information we obtain when you use our Website and information we collect through third parties or public sources.
A. Information You Voluntarily Provide
When you interact with us, we collect information that you voluntarily share with us. For example, you may give us your personally identifiable information, which includes, but is not limited to, identifiers such as your name, username and password, address (postal and email), telephone number (“Personal Information”) by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post (e.g.., product reviews, ratings, feedback), phone, email or otherwise. When you communicate with us, we will collect whatever information you volunteer. You should therefore not send messages or share content that you do not want us to see, save or share.
B. Information We Get When You Use Our Website or Services
When you use our Website, we collect information about you and your use of the Website. For example, we collect the following types of information when you use our Website or services:
We may collect certain Personal Information when you use our Website, place an order or provide information to us, such as when you create an account, fill out registration forms, visit our retail stores, register for our Lenox Replacement Promise, enter a contest or marketing event, sign up for a catalog, or otherwise contact us. The information we may collect includes the following information: name, address, email phone number, and credit card information. While we provide our consumers the convenience of purchasing products through a credit card, we do not take possession of our consumers’ credit card information. Rather, that information is provided directly to a third party service provider for processing. Accordingly, the Personal Information retained by Lenox does not include consumers’ credit card information or number.
If you register for our Lenox Replacement Promise you also have the option of providing your birthday and wedding date as well as registered products. If you use our "Email to a Friend" feature, the name and email address information requested will be used only to generate that email. It will not be used for any other purpose.
We collect and retain records of the products you purchased, obtained, or considered, or your other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies with respect to our products, Website, and services. We also collect information with respect to your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications and alerts.
When you access and use the Website, we automatically collect details of your access to and use of the Website, including traffic data, usage logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website (e.g., browsing history, search history). We may also collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique identifier (e.g., device type, IMEI, Wi-Fi MAC, IP address), operating system, browser type, and mobile network information. Our Website may collect “diagnostic” data related to your use of the Website, such as crash data and logs, performance data (e.g., launch time, hang rate, or energy use), and any other data collected for the purposes of measuring technical diagnostics.
• Information We Get From Other Sources
We may from time to time, supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties, such as publicly available databases, social networking providers, advertising companies, our service providers, and third-party references. For example, we may also receive technical data from analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
II. What We Do With Your Information
• Personalize Your Experience and Enhance Our Products, Website, and Services
- Provide you with information regarding our products, Websites, and services or to respond to your requests.
Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices.
Personalize content and experiences. Optimize, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our, products, Websites, services and operations.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products, Website, and services.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our products, Websites, and services and your experience with them.
- Email marketing: Periodic email communications from us about products sold or marketed by Lenox, shipping discounts, or special offers.
- Telemarketing/SMS marketing: Informing you via telephone about products sold or marketed by Lenox, shipping discounts, or special offers, unless otherwise prohibited by Federal and State "Do-Not-Call" or similar laws. Please review our Terms for more information about the Mobile Messaging/SMS Program
- Product offer mailings: Postal mail about products sold or marketed by Lenox, including product brochures and special collector mailings.
- Catalog mailings: Consists of postal mail of Lenox catalogs, which may include shipping discounts or special offers.
- Company-owned store mailings: Postal mail about product offerings from Lenox retail stores.
- Additional Lenox mailings: Postal mail about other Lenox news, including, but not limited to, information about Lenox retail accounts and Lenox-sponsored sweepstakes, contests, and bridal and other events.
• Policy Information and Enforcement
- Send you information about features on our website or changes to our policies.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other usage policies.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• Aggregating Your Information
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, publicly available information sources and other third-party information providers, as discussed above.
• Consent; Other Purposes
We may collect and use your Personal Information for any other purpose for which we obtain your consent. For the avoidance of doubt, you hereby agree that Lenox may contact you via any means, including SMS/text message and email, to furnish you information regarding a product order, shipping status, warranty-related information, and similar data and information pertaining to a commercial transaction
III. Sharing Your Information
Lenox Affiliates and Other Brands
We share personal information with affiliates and subsidiaries of Lenox, including operators of Lenox brands (Lenox, Oneida, Hampton Forge, Reed & Barton). These organizations may use such personal information for the same business purposes set forth herein.
We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us, such as hosting our Website, designing and/or operating Website and functionality, payment processing, advertising, tracking Website activities and analytics, or performing other administrative services.
In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transaction in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such transaction. Similarly, we may disclose your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or with the completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets.
We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of us or another person.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Our website may contain content that is supplied by a third party. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by third parties or their services. These third-party owners may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We have no control over, and cannot and do not assume responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of such websites or the companies that own them.
We may engage with you on various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram). If you contact us on a social media platform for customer support or for other reasons, we may contact you via the social media’s direct message tools. Your use of a social media platform is subject to the policies and terms of the relevant social media platform. Certain social media platforms may also automatically provide us with your personal information, the information we receive will depend on the terms that govern your use of the social media platform(s) and any privacy settings you may have set. Our Website may include social media features and widgets (e.g., the “Facebook Like” button, the “Share This” button) or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your IP address and which Website page you are accessing and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the relevant social media platform that provides them.V. Security; Retention; Localization
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personally identifiable information under our control. For information on how we protect your privacy when you order our products online, see the Secure Shopping section above. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and, therefore, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain secure. MOREOVER, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES OVER NETWORKS THAT WE DO NOT CONTROL, INCLUDING THE INTERNET AND WIRELESS NETWORKS, AND YOU PROVIDE US WITH ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR OTHERWISE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA INCIDENT OR EVENT CAUSED BY A THIRD PARTY THAT MAY COMPROMISE THE CONFIDENTIALITY, INTEGRITY, OR SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password to access our Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of those credentials and not revealing them to others. You must contact us immediately if you have reason to believe that your username or password to our Website has been compromised. You acknowledge and agree that we may contact you via email or other electronic communications in the event we are legally required to notify you of a data security incident or event related to your Personal Information.
When registering an account, it is your responsibility to choose an account password that is difficult for others to guess, preferably a password you do not use on any other website or account, and never reveal it to anyone else. If you use a shared or public computer, DO NOT choose to have your login ID or password remembered and log out of your account completely every time you leave the computer. Also, please verify that your web browser has a secure connection to the Website before entering any personally identifying information and avoid including personally identifying information in e-mails to us (particularly credit card or banking information).
All information will be stored for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transaction(s) and progress for reporting purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with and protect our legal and contractual obligations and rights, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form for analysis, research, and marketing purposes.Lenox is based in the United States and the personal information that we collect and process is retained and stored in the United States. Lenox uses service providers that store personal information on our behalf in the United States and in other third countries. Please be aware that the United States, and these other third countries, may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as in your country, state, or other jurisdiction of residence or nationality, and when transferred to the United States or elsewhere, your personal information may be accessible by, or otherwise made available to, local government authorities and officials pursuant to judicial and/or administrative orders, decrees, and demands, and/or other domestic laws, statutes, and regulations. By continuing to provide us such information, you hereby consent to your personal information being transferred to, and stored in, the United States and in such other third countries.
VII. Changes To This Policy
VIII. Publicly Posted Information; Product Reviews
The Website may provide you with the ability to submit a comment on, provide an opinion about, rate, or otherwise discuss our products, Website, and services (a “Product Review”) or provide other information (“Feedback”) may be posted to a publicly available portion of the Website. Any information or content you post in a Product Review or in your Feedback will be available to other users of the Website (and our social media platforms) and may be retrievable by third-party search engines, and third parties may also be able to download or share your Product Review and Feedback to social media websites or elsewhere. We recommend that you guard your privacy and anonymity and not upload any information in your Product Review and Feedback that you wish to remain confidential. Any third party with access to your information via the Website will be permitted to use the information in the same manner as if you submitted the information directly to that third party. Publicly posting any information on the Website is entirely voluntary on your part and we recommend you carefully consider the information you choose to make publicly available.
IX. Your Responsibilities
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only provide Personal Information to Lenox if such Personal Information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship and only to the extent such disclosure will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation or infringe upon a person’s data privacy rights or privileges. IF YOU PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING A THIRD PARTY) TO LENOX, YOU EXPRESSLY REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO LENOX THAT YOU HAVE THE FULL RIGHT AND AUTHORITY TO PROVIDE LENOX WITH SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING A THIRD PARTY) AND THAT LENOX’S USE AND PROCESSING OF SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AS SET FORTH HEREIN WILL NOT VIOLATE ANY PERSON’S RIGHTS OR PRIVILEGES, INCLUDING RIGHTS TO PRIVACY. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO FULLY AND COMPLETELY INDEMNIFY LENOX FOR ANY CLAIMS, HARM, OR DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE FROM YOUR PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION CONCERNING A THIRD PARTY) TO LENOX.
X. How To Be Removed from Our Marketing Lists
How To Be Removed From Our Lists
You have the right to opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us. If you would like to be removed from Lenox marketing communications lists, please provide us with the contact information required via any of the methods listed below so that we can promptly and accurately process your request. (In cases where we lack the necessary information, we will make our best efforts to comply with your request.)
To remove yourself from any Lenox marketing communications lists, click the "Unsubscribe" link in the bottom disclaimer of any of our emails.
Or, you may do one of the following options. Please make sure to supply your name, email address, mailing address and phone number, if using any of these methods:
- Sending email to us at info@Lenox.com and indicating your preferences
- Calling Customer Service at 1-800-223-4311, 8:30 a.m.–8 p.m. ET Monday-Friday and 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.
- Writing to us at Lenox Customer Service, Lenox P.O. Box 735, Bristol, PA 19007-0806 and indicating your preferences
- Using our Live Chat feature to chat online with a Customer Service representative (available 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. ET Monday-Friday and 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. on Saturday).
Once you have set your communications preferences, you may change them by using any of the above methods.
Lenox reserves the right to contact its customers in order to properly and effectively service pending transactions and to address any concerns or requests of a Customer Service nature. For example, if you purchase directly from Lenox.com you will receive transaction-specific order confirmation and shipment confirmation email messages regardless of your email marketing communications preference.
Reviewing/Modifying Your Account Information
If you have a free Lenox.com account and would like to modify your information, such as your primary billing or mailing address, go to "My Account," log in, then click "Account Details” and “Edit”. Make your changes, then click "Update Account".
Or you may contact Customer Service to review or change your personal information. If it is incorrect in any way or if you would like to have part or all of it removed, contact our Customer Service department (see below).
XI. Contacting Us
There are many ways to contact us:
- Sending email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can expect to receive a response from Customer Service within 24 hours (Monday through Friday) of sending your email.
- Calling Customer Service at 1-800-223-4311, 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET Monday – Friday and 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.
- Writing to us at Lenox Customer Service, Lenox P.O. Box 735, Bristol, PA 19007-0806
- Using our Live Chat feature to chat online with a Customer Service representative (available 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET Monday - Friday and 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday).
- Our street address is: 1414 Radcliffe Street, Bristol, PA 19007-5496. Note: Please use our post office address, listed above, when contacting us via mail.
Lenox welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send your inquiries via email to email@example.com.
XII. Persons with Disabilities
XIII. Nevada Privacy Rights
Lenox does not currently conduct “sales” of personal information for purposes of Nevada law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us to not sell personal information we maintain about them to third parties who will sell or license their information to others. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section listed above.
XIV. Additional Privacy Information For California Users
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Lenox delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of the information may likely render impossible or seriously impair the objectives of the research, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If you (or your authorized agent) makes any request related to your Personal Information under the CCPA, Lenox will ascertain your identity (and the identity of the authorized agent, to the extent applicable) to the degree of certainty required or permitted under the law before addressing your request. Lenox will, to the extent required or permitted by law, require you (or your authorized agent) to verify your request via email or other means and match at least two pieces of Personal Information we have previously collected from you before granting you access to, or erasing, specific pieces or categories of Personal Information, or otherwise responding to your request. We may require written documentation that demonstrates a third party is authorized to serve as your agent for the purposes of submitting the requests set forth herein, unless you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code §§ 4121 to 4130. For more information about the CCPA, please see: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Clicking on this link, completing the CCPA Request Form and sending it to us through this site.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Calling our Customer service department at 800-225-1779;
- Sending a letter to us at: Lenox Customer Service, Lenox P.O. Box 735, Bristol, PA 19007-0806
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
- You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
- We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
No Sale of Personal Information
Lenox does not sell your personal information.
You have the right to not be subject to discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may collect and use Personal Information to offer you financial incentives, or price or service differences, such as discounts, benefits, or other unique rewards for the disclosure of your Personal Information. If you consent to participate in these offerings, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set forth herein. Pursuant to the CCPA, you may be entitled to be informed as to why our financial incentives, or price or service differences, are permitted under the law, including (i) a good-faith estimate of the value of your Personal Information that forms the basis for offering the financial incentive or price or service difference, and (ii) a description of the method we used to calculate the value of your Personal Information. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to any Personal Information we collect. However, in the event we are required by law to assign such value in the context of our financial incentives, or price or service differences, we have valued the Personal Information collected and used as being equal to the value of the discount or financial incentive provided, and the calculation of the value is based upon a practical and good-faith effort often involving the (i) categories of Personal Information collected (e.g., names, email addresses), (ii) the transferability of such Personal Information, (iii) the discounted price offered, (iv) the volume of consumers enrolled in our marketing programs, and (v) the product or service to which the financial incentive, or price or service difference, applies. The disclosure of the value and calculation described herein is not intended to waive, nor should be interpreted as a waiver to, our proprietary or business confidential information, including trade secrets, and does not constitute any representation with regard to generally accepted accounting principles or financial accounting standards.
XV. Other California Privacy Rights